Monday, July 18, 2005

Alice 19th and Dialogue






Hi all! : )

Got a new manga over the weekend - Alice 19th by Yu Watase. It's pretty good so far. But she takes a side bar to talk about what inspired her to write Alice 19th, and I thought her words were very meaningful.
Well, the world is in a pretty sorry state (since September 11, 2001). There's no telling what will happen, so we'll just have to wait and see. But war is wrong! That much I can say with certainty! Dialogue was never more important than now. We should take a lesson from Gandhi's non-violent approach!
I really like the part I bolded. Because it's true. All over we see people being more aggressive and less willing to sit down and have a conversation. In a way, that's why I like participating here; it gives us a chance to talk across political boundaries.

No comments: