Thursday, June 30, 2005

It's the Liberalism, STUPID!






Just finished reading a column by Molly Ivins, in which she whines about being mischaracterized.
I am not "you liberals" or "you people on the left who always..." My name is Molly Ivins, and I can speak for myself, thank you. I don't need Rush Limbaugh or Karl Rove to tell me what I believe.

Setting up a straw man, calling it liberal and then knocking it down has become a favorite form of "argument" for those on the right. Make some ridiculous claim about what "liberals" think, and then demonstrate how silly it is. Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and many other right-wing ravers never seem to get tired of this old game.
This would be a bit more believable, Ivins, if you occasionally didn't attack President Bush, for example. Instead, you seem to ALWAYS slam into President Bush. So why don't you say some nice things about him for a change and maybe then I'll buy that you can think for yourself.

She goes on to comment on Karl Rove's "controversial" words early this week. Controversial is DEMOCRATIC SLANG for any truthful statement that they find inconvenient. Some Liberals certainly fit Rove's words; not even you could deny that. So what EXACTLY is the problem? If you feel he didn't describe you perfectly, well, than maybe he wasn't talking about you!

No comments: